Monday, July 19, 2010

Lovely Feet

"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, and who bring good tidings"

When it comes to feet I am fairly ambivalent about mine. That is, until I lose a marathon toe nail. Then I have a certain pride because I know the struggle, work and triumph that brought this event about.

In the context of beautiful feet though, this hardly merits a mention. Beautiful feet bring good news. Dawn and I ran our first long run on Saturday. 16 hot, sweaty miles. There is little that can be done to keep your nutrition cold on a day like Saturday. So, at mile 11, we toasted each other with our sweaty, hot, water bottles, "for the children". We are running to hopefully bring just a little good news. I imagine the conversation in my house would go something like this.

"Mom, what are we doing today?"
"Well, we are not having dysentery and explosive diarrhea"
"Oh, that rocks?" "But what about the rest of the week?
"As far as I know, we aren't planning for any intestinal worms this week either."
"Sweet!"
"And, as far as the month goes, nobody in our family is going to die from water borne illnesses"
"So we can play, and go to school and help farm this week?"
"Yes, you can do all those things a kid should be able to do"

One bore hole in Africa can bring a lot of good news.

With every one of your donations, you are joining Dawn and I in growing beautiful feet. Please click the link and help us today.

1 comment: